Friday, June 22, 2012

Sweet Summer

Fresh cut grass, warm sunshine, flowers, palm trees, coastal breezes, the YMCA, being footloose and fancy free just a few things things I have been thankful for lately.

Sweet summer.  As much as I was dreading it, we are having an amazing summer.  We have been super busy so nobody has really had time to be bored.  I usually try not to cram my schedule so full that I feel like I am hopping from activity to activity but I have kind of done that with swim team, soccer and invites to spend time with lots of dear friends lately.  Accentuate the positives, kids are really good and tired at night, definitely fewer games of whack a mole going on at bed time.

One tired little Mama after a hard day at the pool...




Anna and Brynn have had swim practice every morning and I have been impressed with our little family getting to the YMCA on time and it has proven to be good for all of us. There is something comforting about being up early, the smell of chlorine and being out in the fresh air.  I work out while the girls practice.  The other day Aubrey told me she wasn't going to the nursery she wanted to work out.  Maybe some day girlfriend!

Anna and Brynn had their first swim meet last Saturday and let me tell you I am hooked.  What an awesome sport to watch.  I was so nervous for them and they did great.  First and second in their heat in freestyle in their first ever swim meet.  I know I am facebragging.   It made me want to be a dorky mom and get a swim mom shirt with their names on it.  I was that proud!

We have been swimming with friends, gone to the movies, played in the sprinkler and already consumed countless $1.00 ice cream cones from Sonic and coke slushies from the gas station after soccer games.  I think I have gained 20 pounds "cleaning up" my kids dripping cones.  FYI cleaning up a cone is when you lick all around the cone to prevent the drips. Picture perfect summer.

We are getting ready to go to Ashland, KY my hometown next week to visit the grandparents and have a wedding shower for my baby sis, Sarah.  I am already planning activities for the car, 12 hours...sigh... and trying to get all the laundry complete...another sigh.

We started a new chore list around the Kneisley nest.  Little girls are helping scrub bathrooms, run the sweeper, empty the dishwasher and put away groceries.  I am loving all the help.  Brynn informed me that she is a slave.  Poor child. 

June has passed by ever so quickly.  Our family has some big events coming up over the next week.  Ben and I will celebrate 12 years of wedded bliss and I will celebrate my 36th birthday.  Hard to believe I am going to be 36.  I remember when I thought that was really old.  Oh well, maybe I can write a couple blogs about life lessons learned in my 36 years or myths about marriage, the perfect title could be Perception and Reality;)  Next week should prove to be good writing material. 

I told Benji he never smiles for pictures this was the result...



I don't have the perfect family. I don't have everything figured out. I am just trying to find the good in life, the positive in everyday occasionally mundane situations and taking time to stop and savor moments with my family.  The beautiful, blessed life that God has given me.  Notice I didn't say unstressful, or not tiring or tidy.  Certainly not words that are in my vocabulary this week.  But we sure are having fun this summer.





Sorry my blogs have been lacking lately.  I really have enjoyed running around with my kiddos and going to bed early.  Hope your summer is everything you hoped it would be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment