Friday, August 26, 2011

War.

I have a war going on in my head.  I am a foodie.  There.  I said it.  I think about food from the minute I wake up until I go to bed at night.  When I am out running errands I have to talk to myself to keep my mini van from pulling into McDonalds for a sweet tea and large french fry.  If I can spend my money on anything It will always be dinner at a nice restaurant.

You see I had two babies in two years.  I have some weight to lose.  So thanks to my wonderful girlfriends encouragement, I joined the YMCA.  For the first time in my life I work out regularly and it feels great.  However, exercise for me seems to be a license to eat.  I know, I know, why in the world would I spend all those hours at the gym and then devour a Big Mac on the way home?  I don't know.  But I do it.  Am I alone here?  Anyone else with me on this?  Can I get an Amen?

Since, it is fall already, I guess my "end of the year resolution" is to exercise and eat well.  Wow.  There's a concept.  Eat well.  It seems like a no brainer.  But it is hard!  Maybe then I won't undo all the hours I put into running, bodypump, zumba and bootcamp.

But now will you please excuse me so that I can hide in my closet so I don't have to share my chocolate snack with my little ones.  Oh yeah.  You had better believe I hide when I eat.  Especially when I eat chocolate.  You see I have four kids.  Who wants to share four bites of something that delicious?  Don't judge.  I did Zumba today:)


                      My sister Stacy's homemade toffee.  Oh, how I love to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment