Friday, January 11, 2013

2013

How is it 2013?  I remember when the year 2000 seemed like the future and I imagined it would be just like the Jetson's.  It is and it isn't.  Still driving a car around not flying to the grocery store yet. That little thing called an iPhone that I got for Christmas is pretty Jetsony (Is that a word?)

 I have to admit I have been going back and forth about my blog and whether I should continue to write it.  It is hard to find time and I want to do it justice not just write something quickly because I haven't written in a long time.  I have been pondering if it is safe to put all my girls pictures on here each week. I have thought about not including pictures, but it's not as good and beautiful and plus I got a new camera for Christmas...a good one that I can't wait to use.  I don't know if all this is the devil getting in my head and trying to discourage me or what.  But today I woke up and felt like I needed to write.  I am still trying to decide.

What a year. 2012 started out so terribly I shutter to remember the month of January.  But I look at my healthy Caroline and I can say "Okay God,  I get it."  I can kind of see what you were doing.  I see what I needed to learn, how others faith and prayer lives were renewed along with my own.  How people's kindness impacted my life dramatically for eternity.  I will never be the same.  Honestly, Caroline's sickness was awful and painful and it was hard to see her suffer and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. However, God calls us to be thankful for trials and this is how I have been able to find the good in the midst of the storm and rejoice through my suffering.

2012 stretched me beyond my wildest imagination.  What I could endure, what I could learn, how grateful my heart could feel, how out of line my priorities could get, how much I could enjoy my family, what more I could add to my schedule (I took a job working from home), how much I could love my children.  But what a year it was.  Can't say that I'm not a little glad to start 2013 though...
 Of course by putting all my lessons learned into practice.

Some new endeavours to start the year.  Joined the steering team to help start a MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) at my church.  Back working for my old company which I love.  It has been challenging finding the time to work and mother.  Being a working mom is not for the faint of heart.  I have never done it before so I'm getting into the groove.

In 2013 I want to love people more, be a more present mom, get organized,be successful at my job, minister to people in need and I want my life to exude Jesus Christ.  These are not resolutions.  I feel the minute I call them resolutions I won't do them.  These are my hopes.

I'm gonna try.   

A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.  This is not fluff,  it's true.  Here's to stepping into 2013.



2 comments:

  1. Keep writing, Shannon....blessings and love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome as usual, keep writing when you have time, your blog is always a blessing and the anticipation just makes it better.

    ReplyDelete