Sunday, February 5, 2012

Inspiration and The Weekend


kids



If you saw how my children behaved this weekend you would stop reading my blog.  Sheesh.  It was a rough one.  No manners, smart mouths and  I think they all had earwax in their ears (I am a glass half full kinds gal)...their listening skills have gone out the window.

Aubrey's new M.O. "Modus Operandi" AKA "Method of Operation" is to whine, cry, whine, cry.  Of course the behavior of our children always sparks the same 'ole conversation between Ben and myself.  What are we doing wrong?  Why aren't they getting it?  What do we need to do differently? Is it the terrible twos?  Can't claim that for the other 3.  Who knows.  Certainly not me.




I am choosing not to die from embarrassment by the way girlies acted in front of people this weekend.  All kids do it occasionally ...right?


When I am struggling in the parenting department I go to two places. My Bible first and then my stash of favorite quotes to live by. Need some inspiration! Wait no three, my Mama too. They help me re focus when I want to throw up my hands and say forget it. Ever been there?

Thought I would share some quotes with you...just a few....


Quotes on dictionary paper#lds This is so true.



so true
This one hits home a little too close


wonderful truth...by Margaret Nadauld
Beautiful!

words to live by...LOVE.



My life in a nutshell
please excuse the mess
God...




:)                        sisters


Sweet
Heard this from Mama all the time;)
I can hear my Mama's voice saying this
              
Let your faith be bigger than your faith             have faith         


so true.
Ummmm yes..... So true.


A great thing to read to start your day... Everyday!
When am I going to learn?
                 


So true.
Amen!
Ezra Taft Benson
Only taken my whole life to learn..sheesh
     

true<3 My God is bigger than ANY problems I face.      


Life
Love this
Well said.

Micah 6:8. Love, love, love this!!!



                                                      
God sends children to enlarge our hearts, and make us unselfish and full of kindly sympathies and affections.
-- Mary Howitt

Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation.
-- C. Everet Koop, M.D.

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
-- Elizabeth Stone

Parenthood, its not a job. It's an adventure!
-- Author Unknown

Taking time and sharing is the essence of teaching. The future of those we cherish, will be a reflection of what we model today.
-- Author Unknown

When we choose to be parents, we accept another human being as part of ourselves, and a large part of our emotional selves will stay with that person as long as we live. From that time on, there will be another person on this earth whose orbit around us will affect us as surely as the moon affects the tides, and affect us in some ways more deeply than anyone else can. Our children are extensions of ourselves.
-- Fred Rogers

You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once.
-- Polish Proverb

Parents can tell but never teach, unless they practice what they preach.
-- Arnold Glasow

My Fav!!!!

Parents need to fill a child's bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can't poke enough holes to drain it dry
- Alvin Price   Yes yes and double yes!!!

All children behave as well as they are treated
- Anonymous

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
-- Diane Loomans, from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again"

Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep.
-- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

There.  I feel better.  A new week is on the horizon. 

Hello weekend.  Goodbye weekend.  You know the feeling you have on Friday when you have the entire weekend in front of you? Oh the possibilities.  Well,  I blinked and it is already Sunday...  Actually this weekend was jam packed with fun stuff.  It was the first time we have taken Caroline out.  If I'm being honest it was a little too jam packed.  Personally, not a fan of the running from place to place lifestyle.  No time to stop and smell the roses.

Friday night we put the babies to bed and took the older girls out to Hurricanes for chicken wings.  my girls love them some chicken wings! Thank you Denise xoxoxox. It was a nice break and Anna and Brynn were so appreciative.  They have been put on the back burner lately. Feeling a little guilty.  Just a tad.

Saturday morning basketball.  Love watching the "TigerSharks" command the court.  Anna had 3 baskets and an assist.  Brynn, well, she looked marvelous out there;)



Ben and the girls went over to our best friends house to play Saturday afternoon.  The girls always come back telling me how much fun they had and  have the dirt on them to prove it!  I love that.  I went to the eye doctor and waited for an hour.  Don't get me started.  I'm choosing to forgive!

Saturday night church get together on a farm. My girls belong on a farm.  Me on the other hand...  Ben laughed when I told him we should buy a farm.  What?  You can't see me living on a farm?  Bahahahaha.  Needless to say, fresh air, animals, hamburgers and hot dogs, a bonfire and praise and worship music = 1 fabulous evening.  My children's behavior at that event not so fabulous.  Oh well.  Again, I'm choosing to forgive.

This is Wilbur the pig








Tonight a super bowl party at my other bestie's house. I guess I could lie and tell you I am super excited about the game but nah... time with my closest peeps and some delicious food is what I am totally stoked about. It is always just what I need. Seriously. (there it is that word again.)






Have a fantastic week.











4 comments:

  1. I loved this post Shannon! Can't help but think when I was in your season of life, God kept reminding me that if everything in my crazy, upside-down life was gone....would Jesus be enough for me? And if Jesus is enough for me....all those other things in my life are just the crazy out-pouring of who He's making me to be! Thank you, friend, for the chance to reflect this morning! I love that!!!!! Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and being such an encourager! I'm trying not to wish away the days. They are precious!

      Delete
  2. Shannon,

    I'm a member of Hibernia and teach Preschoolers in the 4 year old class. I met your husband a week ago on Sunday night. I found out that we have something in common - we've both adopted sisters. Ours are a year and a half apart. We fostered them for a year and adopted them in November of last year. I just love your blog, especially all the quotes in this recent one. Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Media thank you for saying such sweet things about my blog. Thanks for reading it. I really enjoy writing it. Love to hear about your adoption. Adoption is my heart! You can read about our adoption story on this blog. I hope I can meet you in person soon. Thanks for working with the kiddos at church;)

      Delete