Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE

Very fitting that today is Valentine's Day and we celebrate LOVE.  I just want to tell you how much I love Orange Park Presbyterian Church Pre School (OPPC) and the people who work there.  Yesterday we took Caroline back to her pre school for a visit with her class.

She woke up early excited,  asking me if it was the day she could see her friends.  As a Mama, my heart aches that she cannot go to school right now.  So we are doing the next best thing...visiting.  Caroline made some Valentines to give to her friends. She definitely had a pep in her step with anticipation.

 The minute she walked in the  classroom door her teachers started bawling and this mama started bawling as well.  So humbled that her teachers love her so much.  Her friends all huddled around her.  The directors gave her goodie bag with a blanket that had "We Love Caroline" embroidered on it and a memory book with photos from this year at OPPC.  I know the prayers went up from that school when she was sick.  I am truly touched.









Afterwards we enjoyed some hot dogs at Costco.  It's the little things in life like Costco hot dogs.  BTW I did not eat a hot dog... not on the cleanse menu...






Today in the mail Caroline received multiple valentines from her classmates and the staff at OPPC.  So thoughtful.  Her face when she gets mail is priceless.  I just think the people who are associated with that school are exceptional people and oh so kind.  I Love it!  Anna and Brynn attended there and I plan for Caroline and Aubrey to go there Lord willing.

I will tell you that all this has made me examine myself.  Do I really take the time to love others?  I have to say if I was giving myself a report card on this there would be room for improvement.  I guess this is all part of my resolution to get over myself this year.  I have some good examples to follow from the love that has been shown to our family since Caroline's illness..

The girls are going to a pizza party at the church tonight so that we can go out.  Since Caroline can't go, we are taking her on a Valentine's date with us.  A perfect time to make her feel special.  She kept asking me if Aubrey, Anna and Brynn were going,  I don't think she believed me that they are not.  I might cheat on the cleanse diet tonight...just a little.  I'm turning into a rabbit with all this lettuce and veggies.

Random thought on my heart this Valentine's Day. Love is a action, not a feeling. Love is a choice. We should choose to love even when we don't feel like it.  One of my Mama's best....

Wishing you happy hearts from the Kneisley Nest!  XOXOXOXO

So these three things continue forever: faith, hope, and love.  And the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment