Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bring on 2012

This week we have had people sleeping in every crevice of our home.  Literally.

My husband lights up when he is around his family.  Seriously the man is on cloud nine.  He's a family man through and through.  He loves everything that comes with his entire family, (minus 2) piling into our home and huge family feasts around our table. 

I get crazy looks from friends when I tell them our Christmas plans and the number of family members who are enjoying our hospitality.  Is there anything more important than family? Let me answer that for you.  No. Nothing.

Christmas is coming to a close.  Time to take down the tree.

As a  new year approaches  I can't help but reflect on the wisdom I have gained.  I learn more with each passing year. But my 35th year of life... what a year.  My brain is busy trying to wrap itself around everything 2011 taught me.

This year I have learned so much about myself, my hubby my kids, my relationship with the Lord Almighty. 

I have become comfortable in my skin.  I feel free. Very free.

Peaceful.

I have learned to communicate more clearly and deliberately.  I have learned that as long as Jesus approves of my efforts in life I don't need to please anyone else.  I have learned to be me.  To like me.  If others like me great...oh and I hope they do, but if they don't it's fine...really.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to get over myself.  This life is not about me.  It's temporary.  I am here on this Earth to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ.  Period.  Plain and simple.

I need to take the time to be kind, anticipate others needs and tell them about the love of our Savior.  Life is not promised to be comfortable, or happy or easy.  I  need to rejoice and fulfill my calling regardless of my feelings or circumstances.


"Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others...for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is built upon the labors of people, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.” Albert Einstein



Life is pretty great right now.  I'm kind of in awe.  I sat at the beach today with my in laws, my four beautiful, blonde, healthy daughters running around in the sand, Benji smiling from ear to ear and thought-- thank you Jesus.  But if things change this coming year I will still say thank you Jesus.  Truly, thank you.













I have also come to a contentment in life with what I have.  I used to dream and obsess about what I "need"  --- a  bigger house, a certain sweater, the zebra shoes, new furniture and the list goes on.  I have what I need.  All I need... and more.

I feel like I have learned how to communicate with Ben.  I know , I know it has only taken 11 years but it has revolutionized our marriage.  He has mellowed.  That helps too.  All in all our path is leading in the same direction and we are walking side by side. Hand in hand. He's my best friend.  I love being the co captain of this ship with him.

2011 brought many answered prayers.

2 of my girls decided to trust in the Lord.  2 down 2 to go. Life changing.

Ohh and did I mention my twin sister is moving to FL!  I wish you all could see the happy dance I am doing at this very minute.  I guess I can use this next year to try and figure out how to get the rest of my family down here;)

My prayer for 2012 is that God uses me for His purposes.  May I take the time to listen so I know His plans for me and may I be willing and ready.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
-Scholar Joseph Campbell

I'm am so enjoying the life God has planned for me.  Bring on 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment