Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tired

Okay today I am being totally authentic, transparent and honest.

 I love my children with all my heart but I am tired of kissing boo boos, redirecting a toddler who we affectionately call tornado from emptying every cabinet in my house, stopping unnamed objects from being placed in the toilet, picking up Christmas ornaments off of the floor, acting excited about girls pooping on the potty, reacting to children's artwork like it is the Mona Lisa and should be hung in The Louvre, doing laundry, sweeping the kitchen floor for the 100th time, wiping snotty noses, reminding children to use manners, fixing meals, asking girls to put away their backpacks and finally as I sit here I can see the light revealing the dust on my furniture and I'm tired of thinking I need to dust.  Is that a run on sentence?  I'm tired.  Really tired. 

My almost 2 year old was so needy and whiny today that I finally broke down and put her in the Baby Bjorn carrier just so I could vacuum.  I haven't used that thing since she was a baby and I am fairly sure of two things, she now exceeds the recommended weight limit and I have permanently damaged my back.  But.... I got the vacuuming done and she didn't make a peep.  I'm chalking it up to my exercise for the day.



Oh and I never made it to the shower.  I cringed at the thought of the beautification process.  Today I am embodying the sweat pant mom. No makeup and all.

Okay. Phew. I'm done. I feel better now. 

Did I mention I love my children and I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world?  A night out with the hubby would be nice though....

No comments:

Post a Comment