Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cake Pop Hell.

Last week I was looking at Pinterest  (That website always makes me feel totally inadequate by the way).   Caroline climbed on my lap and asked me to click on a picture of a cake pop.  She adores baking.  She begged me to make them for her pre-school class on her birthday.  I said sure and felt my Susie homemaker coming out.  Piece of cake...no pun intended.

Yesterday, she and I went shopping to purchase all the supplies. We went to Michael's and bought the sticks and different sprinkles. Yesterday, we made the little balls and left them to refrigerate overnight.  I was stoked.  I was going to make my little girl so happy and look like a supermom in the process.

Fast forward.  Today I melt the chocolate get the sticks out and we race the clock to get the cake pops done before Aubrey wakes up from her nap and the twins come home from school and I have way too much help.  I start dipping the balls and immediately they start falling apart, then the sticks start poking through the top of the cake ball.  Caroline "helps" me by spilling sprinkles all over the floor.  I had one thought.  I want to take those cake pops and chuck them across the kitchen and run away.  I'm in cake pop hell.  Two days of planning for this????

Okay.  Deep breath.  Plan B.  I suggest to Caroline that we still make the balls but don't put the sticks in them.  She reluctantly agrees.  So I saved our project by the skin of my teeth.  But in no way shape or form do our cake pops, well I guess we have to call them cake balls, look like the ones on the Bakerella website.

I'm okay with that.  I guess.




Sometimes the simplest things seem to become difficult.  Why? 

We sure did make some memories making these and not to mention a gigantic mess! Caroline is thrilled with the way they turned out and she is ready for her birthday snack tomorrow at pre school  That's all that matters.  Again I am humbled.  My ego has been knocked down a few notches.  I'm putting my supermom cape back in the drawer for the day.   I guess I should stick to cooking.  I am way better at that.



On a lighter note, Stacy inspired me to make Christmas shirts which I never would have attempted on my own.  No sewing involved.  Much to my complete surprise they turned out pretty cute and my girls love them!





Two craft projects in a day.  I might kill over.  I think I may have been adopted.  My sisters and my Mama are crafty divas and then there is me.  Stacy and Sarah look more like twins and I didn't get curly hair either.  But I digress.

And now I have to think about cooking dinner after such a traumatic day in the kitchen.....sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment