Friday, December 23, 2011

Coffee

I got up this morning in hopes of drinking a cup of coffee in peace.  Better luck next time.

I'll set the scene for you.

7am

My kitchen.

I have a house full of Christmas guests sleeping in the bedrooms.

Brynn:  Mama did you know that alligators don't just eat people to be mean?  Mama did you know that elves have special feet so they can walk?

Anna: (Doing Micheal Jacksonesque moves across my kitchen floor) What day is it?  What day is it? What day is it?  Do I have dance today?

Caroline: (Always the voice of reason)  You all better be quiet you're gonna wake the baby.  Mama Anna is being too loud she is going wake up Aubrey.  Mama.  Can I watch Caillou?  I have to go potty I need help!  Please help me!  It's too dark in there.

Anna: ( Rapping some weird song about Christmas) Is Santa coming tonight?  What will happen if I touch Jerry? (Jerry is our elf on the shelf)


Me:  He will lose his magic.

Brynn: Don't touch Jerry.  Mom! Anna is gonna touch Jerry.

Caroline: Oh no Jerry won't work and Santa won't come.  Anna you are so mean.  No! don't touch Jerry.  Please don't touch Jerry.

Me:  Anna don't touch Jerry


Anna: We get muffins for breakfast.  Aww yeah.  Come to mama little muffin you have a date with my mouth.

Brynn: (Talking to Jerry)  Move little guy.  I know you are just plastic but I want to see you walk.

Caroline: (Singing) Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Jingle all the way.  Mama can I look at pictures on your phone?

Brynn: (Dressed in a police outfit)  Ma'am do you have a problem with snakes around here?  I am a snake catcher.  I would be willing to catch them for you. I think I saw a red, black and white snake.

Then from the bedroom I hear #4 stand up in her crib.

Aubrey:  Mama Mama Mama Mama eat eat eat eat. (I better feed her we all know what happens when I make her wait.) (If you missed it see previous post:Not Even 10 O'clock.)

Heck, drink a cup of coffee... I never got it made.

No comments:

Post a Comment