Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hideaway

Today Ben had to work.  Anna and Brynn had choir practice for the church Christmas play.  But other than that we stayed in...and it was fabulous.  If I hadn't taken the girls to choir I probably would still be sporting my comfy red, moose pajama pants and fuzzy pink slippers.  Good visual huh!

Some days I like to stay inside and not even open the blinds.  Today was one of those days.  We made cookies, baked bread, watched Soul Surfer for the 120th time.  I love days like today.  Where we are out of touch with the world and in touch with each other.







We talked about friends at school, who was nice and who wasn't, told stories about when the girls were babies and discussed artwork.  Brynn (a.k.a "Mouth")  gave us a half  hour dissertation on abstract art over lunch.  What I gathered after the whole thing was there are no straight lines in abstract art.  Boy that girl can talk!

Living in Florida with such great weather it isn't often when I feel like being a hermit.  Blue skies and sunshine usually make me want to get up and go be productive  But today there was a nip in the air (at least for Florida...it's all relative) and gray skies.  A perfect day to hideaway in our Christmas sanctuary.



My girls played play doh and took turns jumping off of the couch onto their beanbags.






I caught up on the mountain of laundry that is overtaking my house.



Aubrey took a 3 hour nap. (Insert song sung in soprano voice) Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow.  I decided to catch some shut eye too and I instructed the other 3 to leave me alone unless someone was dying. I guess nobody died. It's amazing what a quick nap does for my soul.  It rejuvenates me to the core.

I didn't really even text or talk on the phone.  Except with my twin, Stacy.  That doesn't count.  I never go a day without talking to her.  Life as it should be.

Life shouldn't always be go, go, go.

Today it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment