Sunday, January 1, 2012

Deliberate Life

I love New Year's Eve.  We never do anything especially exciting.  Actually, I am pretty neurotic because I think if we go out we may be hit by a drunk driver.  However, I love being surrounded by family and friends at my house.  My most important blessings on display right in front of my eyes.

In the morning we visited the Jacksonville Zoo for the Noon Year's Eve party.  Cousins in town and the weather was absolutely perfect.  Breezy and sunny.  Love feeling the warm sun on my face.























Last night we had dinner on the driveway.  Made some cocktails and mocktails for the kids and sat out on the back patio enjoying the fireworks and music.  Did I mention I love Florida this time of  year.




Anna and Brynn and their cousins ran around the pond in the back of our home looking for frogs with flashlights.  In the end only one of my four made it till midnight.  And the winner is.... Anna.

I got to kiss my soul mate at midnight.  Life is good.

The anticipation of a new year, a clean slate, a fresh start excites me.  I ponder the things I will do differently, the things I want to accomplish in 2012. I consider the reality of how fast my girls are growing up.  I want to make our time together count..  Time is of the essence.

Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a NEW THING, now it shall spring forth..." - Isaiah 43:18-19

I want to live a deliberate life.

I will work on my fears and insecurities, my tendency to worry about things I can't control...things that hold me back. I want my life to radiate love.  How can I show others how much I care about them on a daily basis.  I've said it before but in 2012 I'm getting over myself!

I didn't make a list of resolutions this year because let's face it, in that past the really wasn't workin for me... Ha!  I know the things I need to change and embrace.

I have a few too many junk drawers in my house that I need to organize...My sister already sent me a weight loss challenge...you know all the regular stuff.  This weight lose challenge involves money...maybe I'll do it  for some green  but honestly I can't promise...it's not my forte. The pools in Florida open in 2 months. Bathing suit time ;(

But mostly I want my life in 2012 to point to Jesus in every way. May I and grow and learn.

That is my prayer.

Jan 1st I always get the itch to purge and organize everything in my house.  It's about the only time except during pregnancy...and if I have anything to do with it we won't be welcoming a baby in 2012;)  Lord willing.  Amazingly happy and content with my four little cuties.

My neat freak husband is in bliss relishing in my organizing marathon.  So at least I will start the race with a clean house and neat and tidy drawers...remember it is not how you start it's how you finish.

Happy running.

2 comments:

  1. I love how honest you are and let me be the first to say, you....girl, you radiate love and I love how much you love the Lord and your beautiful family! Reading your blog makes me miss your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elizabeth for your sweet comments. Doing my best. We miss your sweet family too. We should get together this summer. Loved your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete