Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quiet Clarity

Long drive back over the bridge.  Just dropped my third child off at preschool.  Sigh.  Unusual not to have Aubrey in the car with me too, but she stayed home with Daddy.  A feeling of anxiousness envelops me.

I begin to pray.

"Lord, I pray over my children this morning.  I pray that you protect them while they are away from me.  I pray that you will help them to find friends that will make their days brighter, I pray that they can be a gentle touch to someone who needs it or comic relief to a teacher who is having a bad day.  I pray that they learn what they need to learn this year, in school but also in life.  I pray that I can help them learn those "oh so important" life lessons.  Lord, please equip me as a mother to help me to be a tender place to fall but  firm when necessary.  Help me to know when to speak and offer my opinion and when to listen and let my children figure things out on their own.  Give me patience with homework, and learning disabilities and crazy toddlers.  Help me to remember that having one child at home doesn't mean I have to get more done.  Help me to put aside chores to spend quality time with Aubrey.  Help me to nurture her and focus on her needs. Help me to be a daily example of your peace and kindness and love. I thank you for my children and what joy they bring to me. I thank you for designing them to rub off my rough edges as well. Lessons are reciprocal. You designed it that way... perfectly. Lord with the extra time I have at home while my kids are in school, use me. Use me to bless others. Allow others to cross my path that may need encouragement or a friend. Reveal your purposes. I give you my life. Use it as you will.   Lord, I pray for our family this year. I thank you in advance for the fun we will share and I also pray that you will help us weather any storms that come our way.  I love you with all my heart.  I entrust my girls to you Lord.  Amen."

Wow.  The clarity that comes in a quiet car. I don't experience it often.

May I use my extra "car time" this year to rest quietly in you.  Let the rat race begin.

Caroline Noel. First day of Preschool

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I need to pray this prayer often. Thank you for posting this and for opening up your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and great picture of Caroline!

    ReplyDelete