Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hello August.

I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't say that in June I was dreading summer just a little.  The thought of keeping four little ones occupied, fed, the house tidied with no break was daunting.  But boy was I wrong.  We had a fabulous summer.  The best one to date!  Actually, I cannot believe I am saying, "Hello August!"

School starts this week.  I have mixed emotions.  I crave routine and schedules but there is something incredibly refreshing about letting the kids stay up later, not worrying about homework and lazy days  by the pool.



Trying to grab a hold of the various seasons of life.  Savor the sights, smells and memories. Summer is one of my favorites.  One can never swim too much, get a dark enough tan or eat too many ice cream cones.  Oh and let's not forget sweet tea.  My favorite.

We have been very blessed this summer.  So fun to sit with the girls before they go to bed and reminisce about our summer adventures.  We often ask, "What was the high point of your day, what was the low point?"  We just returned from a vacation with my parents.  So there were many high points for my girls to discuss.  Yes, if you are thinking we are mooching off of our parents it's true.  Our fabulous vacations are often made possible because of their generosity.  Thank you. xoxo








I'm itching for fall.  I have to "play" fall here in  Florida.  It is really still summer here until almost November but I hang up my fall wreaths, put out my fall Yankee candle and bake everything under the sun that includes the ingredient pumpkin.  It is a symbol of school starting, fall soccer games, football season and the anticipation of new teachers, new classmates and this year for my sweet Anna, a new school.



I have prayed long and hard about Anna changing schools. My heart is heavy. She has struggled and we have found a perfect place to help catch her up, and rebuild her confidence.  She will be starting at a new school on Monday.  We are excited for the opportunities that this new school holds for her, however, it is new territory for us.  She will be separated from her twin sister Brynn.  So we shall see.

Yes, and if you are wondering I will be running around like a crazy woman. What a mother will do for her children.   If you need me I will be in the car.  Mama's taxi.  Brynn's school starts at 8:00, Anna's at 8:30 and Caroline's at 9:00.  So I will have to be on my toes!



Caroline returns to school for the first time since her illness.  She is super excited  I am super nervous.  She will be fine but I have hovered over that sweet girl and it's time to give her some space.  I pray God's protection over her.  My family teared up often this past week watching her swim her heart out.  My Dad kept saying, "I can't believe this is the same little girl."  She has come far, but we can't forget, it's still fresh in our minds. She will be in the same class as her cousin Clara.  Stacy and I have already started praying for their teachers. They will need it!  I am considering buying them some ear plugs.  Those two kiddos are loud and when they are together... forget it.





Brynn is returning to elementary school.  She has excelled there.  I can't believe she will be in third grade.



Little Mama...aka Aubrey will be enjoying some one on one time.  She is starting ballet in the tots class this year.  It truly is all she talks about...oh and her birthday which she tells us is coming up soon...February... but who's counting.  She does a mean twirl to Lionel Richie's "Ballerina Girl."

In the next pic Aubs is sporting her tutu, soccer socks and her sister's swim medals.  Priceless.



Looking forward to the first day of school for my chicks.  Time to leave the nest once again.

May The Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment