Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blessings Abound

Yeah, I have had my pity party.  I have sulked around for a couple days feeling sorry for myself but I'm over it.  All done,  as Aubrey would say.

Maybe it was the encouraging phone call from my close friend but I decided we needed to go and do something.  Time to get out.  Caroline and I have been sitting around thinking about how sick she is and it's not doing anyone any good.

My sister is in town again.  ( Unfortunately her trip at the beginning of the month was impromptu due to Caroline's illness). She is back this week with her whole family and they are looking for a place to live before they move to Fleming Island in May. 

Yesterday, Anna and Brynn had a basketball game at the YMCA so Daddy took them to their game and Aubs to the Kid Zone childcare at the Y.  Parenting philosophy lately: divide and conquer. We are all needing a bit of a break from Hurricane Aubrey the past few days.  Honestly can't keep up, that little one is exhausting!  You know, in the south, we can say not such nice things and then follow it with "bless her heart" and it is okay.  So Aubrey, bless your heart! Caroline and I decided to go house hunting with Stacy and Jason.  The outing proved to be a great distraction for Caroline.  I tapped into my inner realtor.  I'm going to be one when I grow up.

Today, the kiddos fished with their Uncle Jason in our back yard and had a blast.  We ended the night with YoBe's yogurt and a phone call from my baby sister Sarah telling us some joyous news...she is engaged!  Yay!

 I was struck so hard that in the midst of the storm,  God let's the sun peek out from behind the clouds right when we need it. 

Today I got what I needed.  Some sun.  Figuratively and literally.

I ponder the blessings of family and having cousins all around.  The blessing of an incredibly fun Uncle who doesn't mind touching worms and slimy fish. ( Did I ever mention I'm a diva?)

Sitting on the porch talking with my sister.

 A husband who shares parenting and my burdens.

The palm trees and pond in my back yard and the weather.  Wow the weather. Sunny,  high 60's with a light breeze.  Perfect for my sweet Caroline to get out and breathe some fresh air.


Yes people this is my back yard.  I thank God for it everyday.  Not so bad washing dishes to this view!




Hurricane Aubrey.  Seek shelter.  Bless her heart.



Everyone excited that Aubrey woke up form her nap.  Party time!


 My sis. My niece.



Commence fishing pictures











Kinley Marie.  Hey, you all forgot about me!




Caroline update:  They removed Caroline from the IV antibiotic that was causing her rash and itching.  For the first time in 3 days she slept last night and so did I.  Thank you Lord!  The nurse came this morning to administer her new antibiotic and she tolerated it well.  They have her continuing on 2  IV antibiotics 3 X's a day until the end of Feb.  They will reevaluate then. Hip is still causing her pain.  It concerns me.  Dr's appointments next week on Tuesday and Wednesday.






Having someone to love is family. Having somewhere to go is home. Having both is a blessing.” Unknown

I'm not a fan of prolonged pity parties.  I believe they are necessary.  However, mine only last for a short time.  Too much to be thankful for.  All I needed today was to take the time to look around me.  Blessings abound my friends, blessings abound.

In each of our Houses, there are doors. Doors which, upon our entrance, transform us into better, more beautiful women. Doors to rooms which hold deep pains, pure joys, and truths which will root themselves deep into our souls and change us for good.
Kelle Hampton


1 comment: