Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rain

When it rains it pours.  I believe God calls us to dance in the rain.

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”  I absolutely love this quote.  I have kinda adopted it for my life. 

In this life it will rain. Through the rain storms of life we can choose to wallow in despair or we can decide to pull ourselves us by our boot straps and move forward.  Don't get me wrong.  Take some time.  Have your pity party but don't stay there.  Don't let life's struggles define you.

When I am experiencing difficult times I have learned to stop and ask God..."What are you trying to teach me?" I have heard people say the real test of faith is not on the mountain top it is when we are in the trenches.  God created rain. Rain can help refine us.  It can open our eyes to life lessons.... if we let it. 

Also, I am a firm believer that we can take terrible things that happen to us and use them for good.  What do we do when we are in the trenches?  What witness do we bear?  We live in a fallen world and bad things will happen...count on it.  Many times there is a silver lining in life's challenges. We need to ask God to show us. The good news is that Heaven awaits.  There will not be rain in Heaven!

So here is to dancing in the rain.  Let me also say, dancing in the rain is made easier with a strong dependence on Jesus and also some great friends and supportive family members along the way.  God places people in your path for rainy seasons such as these.

This song spoke to my heart.  I hope it speaks to your too.  It has proven true for my life. What if your blessings come through raindrops?

http://youtu.be/1CSVqHcdhXQ

No comments:

Post a Comment