Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks

This being Thanksgiving week the song "Give Thanks" has been running through my head.  You know we sing it in church often.  "Give Thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son."

I was singing this while baking pies today in my mother's kitchen and it got me thinking.  Do I give thanks with a grateful heart on a daily basis? 



 I truly am one blessed soul. 

Do I live a life of thankfulness? 

I know I feel overwhelmingly thankful alot in my life.  God has richly blessed me and my family.  But do I speak it?

I want my kids to know I am thankful for the little things and the big things.  So I made a conscious effort the past few days to speak my thankfulness.  I know it sounds dorky but it constantly reminded me of my blessings.
I know it works because my sweet Caroline told me yesterday she was thankful for our umbrella and car  so we didn't have to get wet in the rain.

So let's allow our thankfulness be contagious and remember anything and everything we have to be thankful for has been given to us by the one who loved us first, Jesus Christ.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment