Thursday, November 17, 2011

Stand still.

If I could make time stand still these days I would.  I am absolutely having the time of my life. I feel like I can breathe again.  I have the time and energy once again to appreciate the small things in life.

I am enjoying ballet classes, toddlers clomping around in my high heels, impromptu spelling tests on the blackboard, girls in the kitchen baking pies with me, dance parties in the living room to the song "Pumped Up Kicks", cooler weather, giggling in the bathtub, afternoon trips to the gas station for Coke icees, bedtime stories, family walks around our neighborhood.  I could go on and on.  I am taking it all in.

I feel incredibly blessed.  I am eternally grateful.

It's not that I didn't enjoy the baby days, but now with an almost 2 year old and almost 3 year old and of course my 7 year olds I am closing a chapter.  The baby chapter.  Most days I'm not all that sad. It's been a good ride but now the real work starts nurturing  and guiding the precious souls which have been entrusted to my care.  Each one unique all of them insanely special and fun.

We are having so much fun.  I love having four daughters.  I love watching sisters interact.  It's priceless.  I love that all my girls can talk to me and each other.  They have so much to say.  I'm listening. 

 I appreciate the small nuances of everyday life.  Lord help me not take them for granted.



No comments:

Post a Comment