Friday, February 17, 2012

Rainbow

Today we reached the rainbow and there was a pot of gold sitting at the end.

Picture me happy dancing, singing and jumping for joy.  Dance party tonight for sure.

There was a time I did know when I would see this day.  Today Caroline and I went to the doctor to have her PICC line removed. It was strange feeling. As much as I wanted that thing gone I was so thankful that it allowed the medicine to be given at home and to make her well.  I thank God for healing her.  Her blood levels and inflammatory markers are better than the doctor expected at this point (well of course they are...our God is a healing God!) Also, we went this week for a scan of her neck to see if the blood clot had gotten smaller.   It turns out they can't even see it at all anymore. We have an appointment with the Hematologist to see if she can stop the blood thinner injections.  Thank you again Jesus.  I give you all the praise and glory.




I am so impressed how brave Caroline has been through this whole ordeal.  So when  the PICC was pulled I asked her what kind of treat she would like.  She replied, " I just want to go and eat pancakes"  So to IHOP we went.  I didn't even think twice that I was venturing into IHOP with Aubrey and Caroline alone.  But it turned out okay and little Miss Caroline deserved those pancakes!






Caroline has not been able to take a "real" bath since this started.  We have been giving her "sink" baths.  She ran around all day telling people she only has one more sink bath and then she can get in the bathtub with Aubrey.  Through the eyes of a child;)

Thank you to all who prayed and continued to pray once Caroline was released from the hospital.  God has heard our prayers and saved my baby.

Hmmmm. Now what I have I learned through all this? 

1.  When I say I am going to pray for someone I need to take it seriously and really do it.  The people on the other end are counting on my prayers.  I think people use the phrase "I'll pray for you " rather flippantly at times.

2.  Be empathetic to needs around me.

3.  This ordeal has strengthened my faith and I have realized the true power of prayer.

4.  Family above all else. (God first...of course)

5.  Make everyday count

6.  I am stronger than I think

7. This has helped me get my priorities in line and care about what really matters in life

8.  Listen to my God given intuition regarding my children

9.  God gives blessings in the midst of traumatic events.

I am praising the Lord today for the outcome of this terrible ordeal.  I have my sweet Caroline healthy once again. I will not take her health for granted. I thank the Lord for allowing me to be her mother for a longer time.  I believe HE has a great purpose for her life and I can't wait to see her life unfold.

She is back to bossing and mothering her sisters.  All is well. Time to move her bed back into her room.  I have enjoyed her sleeping next to me. It gave me great peace, but I know that God will protect her and I need not fear.

So I tell you to believe that you have received the things you ask for in prayer, and God will give them to you.  (If they are HIS will and in HIS perfect timing!!)
Mark 11:24

3 comments:

  1. Shannon if all of us in the body of Christ could embrace your #1 and #2 we could heal so many hurt people in this world. Sometimes I am personally overwhelmed by the people that I know who have prayer needs but God is greater and honors our prayers and/or our groaning spirit. I am again blessed by your blog and your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shannon, I cry tears of joy for your family! What an encouragement to us all to see all that God has done in your lives! Thank you so much for taking us all along on this journey, allowing us to feel your pain and your joy.
    I am more inspired than ever to trust this all knowing, all powerful God that we serve!

    Phyllis, Chad Eason's cousin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about being serious and really praying for someone's needs! I love you and your family and feel a great bond simply because I prayed so much for ya'll! Prayer! such a priviledge we have!!!
    It is sooo wonderful to see Caroline doing well and your family so close!!! I had tears in my eyes and a knot in my throat when i saw Caroline at the Spencer Ranch social! Coni Mobley

    ReplyDelete