Saturday, February 4, 2012

Free Fallin

You know one of those moments in life when your heart could burst at the seams it feels so full? Today I had one of those moments.  In the car,  just got good news that Caroline did not have a blood clot in her leg.  It is simply some left over fluid that will clear up on its own.  Picture this, me rollin down the highway in my I would like to say sports car but for the sake of honesty (gulp) mini van, windows down, hair blowing in the wind, 80 degrees, sun shining,  Free Falling by Tom Petty blasting on the radio, hands tapping the steering wheel and a Starbucks coffee in my cup holder. Now that's life I tell ya.  In a nutshell I felt complete gratitude come over me for the life Jesus has blessed me with.  Yeah there have been some bumpy patches but they have gotten me to here.  Right here.  Right now.  And I am so grateful.  The years just keep getting better.



80 degrees today my friends.  Anyone ready to move to Florida?  I had to let my kiddos play outside.  Aubrey and Caroline shared a morning Klondike Bar on the back porch in their jammies.  Then followed by some serious baby doll playing.  Actually, baby doll fighting.  But who's counting.  We have 20 baby dolls but of course they both wanted the same one.  One of my other hats...referee.  Precious, priceless sister moments.









After school our sweet neighbor Lorie came over to visit with us  She always gets sucked into "playing."  Today, she played longer than normal.  She drew pictures with my kiddos, played tic tac toe with the twins, pulled the wagon as we walked around our neighborhood and pushed my two youngest in the swing.  Thank you Lord for surrounding me with special people who enjoy my kids. Of course Lorie was the first person I ran to the night I had to take Caroline to the ER.  She was at my door in a seconds notice to take care of the other kids. Love the innocence of my kids enjoying an afternoon on the driveway. Love fabulous neighbors. It is the simple things in life. 






The whole time we were outside I kept thinking about how Anna and Brynn have a spelling test tomorrow.  Do any other mothers get as stressed out about the Friday tests as I do?  I help them study so when they get a grade back I feel like it is my grade.  I work hard for that grade.  I digress.  I didn't have the heart to make them come inside on such a beautiful day so we ended up practicing spelling words on the driveway.  I had the girls write them with sidewalk chalk straight on the driveway.  It was genius if I do say so myself.  Don't you love when your creative Mommy moments actually work?!?  I do.





Darkness falling.  Time to go inside.  The girls were in some serious need of soap and a good scrubbing. Trying their best to stall the ineveitable coming inside, the girls got the giggles and locked me out of the house.  They thought they were so sneaky and hilarious.  I just got a kick at hard they were laughing.






Sleepy childen went to bed easily.  I turned out the lights so I can't see the dust on my furniture.  Sitting here reflecting on the events of the past weeks.  Relieved. 

Let's face it (Seriously) (Couldn't leave that word out of my post.)  The good wouldn't be as good if we didn't also go through the bad.  I'm living in the moment. 

Wait for it.....







This day was perfection.  Free Fallin baby!

2 comments:

  1. I love your entire Blog. As a now Nana that raised three girls and am enjoying all the grandchildren, let me just say, SOAK IT UP! I think you've learned that the hard way but yay for leaving the dust on the furniture while you were outside with your girls. In a blink they will be grown and gone and you can dust all you want then ;)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleesed to meet you in person on Saturday at the farm, your children are beautiful. I enjoy reading your blog even though I'm not a Mom(LOL) and my children are grown. Lois and I had a similar experience with Samantha when she was 3, we can discuss aome time with a cup of Starbucks (Yay). Blessings!

    ReplyDelete