Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekending

Weekends are for spending time in warm cozy beds with white fluffy comforters, painting your toe nails, having a second or third cup of coffee, big breakfasts with eggs and pancakes, playing outside, reading magazines, Sunday afternoon naps, hanging out with friends, wearing cozy sweatshirts and sweatpants, long showers, date nights, watching tv, taking walks, playing board games, worshipping God.









We are weekending.  Trying to do a little of all of the above. Just got out of a most relaxing shower.  Actually, I wasn't rushed a bit.  Unusual for me..  However, I will say I have yet to take a shower in the last five years without a little one peering through the glass staring at me.  At least I didn't have anyone physically in the shower with me.  I usually do.  I know one day I will miss their little faces smooshed up against the glass, hands cupped at the sides of their face telling me something so important that it could not possibly wait until I get out of the shower.  Pay backs.  I did it to my Mama.  I'm sure she misses it but then again maybe not.

My girls are getting older. Anna and Brynn share a bedroom.  Yesterday they organized their room, changed around the pictures on the wall.  They wanted to make it more hip they told me.  Anna colored a sign and put it on their bedroom door.  It read, KOWCK.  I walked into their bedroom obliviously and Anna replies, "Mama you didn't see our sign?"  "No, what sign?" I answered.  "The sign that says please knock."  Ohhh of course kowck.  When your last name is Kneisley why wouldn't a K sound like an N?



Privacy is a big deal here these days too bad it's not reciprocated. Even Caroline tells me all the time she needs her privacy.  I will respect her wishes and try not to be bitter that if I want everyone in my house to show up for a conference all I have to do is turn on the shower.

We tried out the water table yesterday. It was a hit. Not Only did Aubs love it, so did the older kids. I had to remind them it was purchased for Aubs. By the end of the day Aubrey was standing on the drive way in soaked clothes. It was on the driveway and not in my bathroom so who cares. I ended up taking off her clothes and there she stood for all to see topless with a bulging diaper as content as could be. Stay classy Fleming Island.






Last night Ben went out with his buddies.  The Tiger Sharks finished their final basketball game of the season.  Onward and upward.  Soccer begins next week.  No rest for the weary.  Tonight is date night.  First date night since Caroline has been ill.  Very needed date night!

For now we are still weekending and I am loving every minute.  Enjoy yours.



1 comment: