Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birthday Bliss

Birthday day at the Kneisley nest. Exciting times!  We of course had to play our favorite birthday song....

The Disney Birthday song.  Look it up. # 196 on my playlist  Very catchy.  You will be humming it all day.

Happy Birthday.. Happy Birthday... Happy Happy Birthday to you! My Aunt Mary sang it to me when I was little girl.  I had to pass it on to my girls;)



We had Aubrey's favorites for dinner, Grammy Raine's spaghetti and a chocolate birthday cake with almond icing.  Caroline insisted we had to put jelly beans on the cake.  Not so sure about the combo but what kid doesn't love jelly beans oh and Aubbies loved the jelly beans.




By the way maybe someone could shed some light on why it is so hard to write with icing on a cake. It was so difficult I wimped out and just wrote Aubrey instead of Happy Birthday Aubrey.  Brynn took one look at my completed cake and  told me I was extremely talented and that my cake should be on Food Network.  I think I snorted because I was laughing so hard.  I knew I loved that girl.  My love language is words of affirmation...




I get by with baking but I've decided lately through self awareness that I would much rather cook than bake. Baking is too precise and I like to ad lib and add my own flava (yes that's right flava not flavor) to stuff.  Always discovering new things about myself as I age.  Thought I would share. I digress. Not that you really care. Am I rambling?

I think spaghetti and chocolate cake all in one night nearly put my neat freak, obsessive compulsive husband into a panic attack but he survived and so did we.  Nothing a little dust buster and bleach cleaner couldn't fix...  However, the broken glass jar of Costco size spaghetti sauce Brynn knocked off the pantry shelf and shattered into a million pieces as I was cooking dinner nearly put me into a panic attack.  I took one look at that mess and didn't even know where to start.  That was a Mommy moment where I talked to myself the whole time, "Remain calm, it was an accident, no big deal, do not raise your voice."  I got it cleaned up and nobody has shown up with glass in their foot as of 8:46 pm.

Yes I realize Caroline has no clothes on in this pic.  This blog is about real life and I was tired of telling her to put her clothes back on for the 100th time.  At least she is wearing panties...  Also, we were having spaghetti and chocolate cake.  I just saved myself  20 minutes standing over the washer with the stain stick.










Skype dates with the grandparents in Ohio and Kentucky to end a perfect day of birthday bliss.  82 degrees in Florida today.  You know I just talk about the weather all the time on my blog to torment all the northerners.  I apologize.  Kind of.  Move to Florida you won't regret it.  Well, maybe during the summer.... 

Aubrey's BIG gift was a water table. Very fitting Huh?! Maybe she will use that outside instead of getting in my bathroom sink fully clothed. A mama can hope can't she?

Seriously though, Aubrey Charlotte today I celebrate you.  You are a ray of sunshine. My little snuggle bug, paci hoarding, blankie toting, cutie pie.  My heart running around outside of my body. Truly.  I love you baby girl!




Thank you Jesus for her precious life.  What an added bonus, a perfect surprise, what a gift over the past two years.  Help Ben and me to raise her to always seek your face.  Guide and direct us as we counsel her in life, may our words and actions point only to you Father. Bless Aubrey's life. This is my prayer. My birthday prayer.







1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this morning and love the dustbuster pic, LOL!

    ReplyDelete