Friday, February 10, 2012

Good News.

Why the morning started off perfectly.  I put my K-cup in my fancy new Keurig coffee maker (thanks Mama) and turned it on for a perfectly brewed cup of coffee.  I am a coffee snob you know.  I own it.  The problem is I forgot to put a cup underneath.  The perfectly brewed cup of coffee brewed all over the counter.  The girls sat at the kitchen table pointing.  First time I think any of them have been speechless.  This would have been one time I would have appreciated the yelling.

Good morning everyone.  It's going to be a great day.

After dropping the twins off at school the babies and I had to shower and get ready for Caroline's weekly doctor's appointment at Wolfson's Children's Hospital.  I will tell you one of the hardest things for me as a Mama of four girls is getting everyone ready as well as myself.  I will give a disclaimer--- I can get myself ready and usually 4 kiddos in the time it takes my husband to get ready. Something wrong with this picture? Yep I agree.  Something is wrong with that but back to my point.  Girls involve more stuff or so I have been told.  Ben always tells me with boys you just tell them to throw on a t shirt and shorts and go on down the road. Don't know much about boys.  With girls there are earrings and hair bows and alot more drama concerning attire.

Not too many smiles coming from Little Mama lately.

That's okay I will take it....


However, today I got Aubrey and Caroline ready to go pretty quickly.  They looked adorable.  I was contemplating getting my super mom cape out of the drawer.  I proceeded to dry my hair.  I turn around for two seconds and see Aubrey covered in Degree deodorant.  It was all over her dress, in her hair and under her finger nails.  On the bright side I don't have to worry about her having body odor (Have I ever mentioned I am positive kinda girl?!?) Laugh.  There is really nothing else to do.  Right?!

Serious cuteness.  I might be a little biased.


We got really good new at the doctor today.  Caroline's blood work was almost normal again.  It had been severely elevated due to her infection.  The doctors are thinking we are nearing the end of her illness and treatment. Therefore in the next few weeks may be able to discontinue her antibiotics and remove her picc line.  She is a walking miracle.  Truly.  Can I get and Amen?!  My heart overfloweth (is that a word?).

After our doctor appointment we went over to Chick Fil A in the hospital to eat lunch with Daddy before he returned to work.  I'll be honest, the last time I was in that Chick Fil A my world was crumbling in front of me. Just being there gave me the eebie jeebies. The minute we walked in we saw a little boy, with no hair attached to an IV pole.  His nurse had wheeled him down to get a treat for lunch.  I couldn't look at him without tearing up. It brought back all the feelings I felt when Caroline was in the hospital.  It brought feelings of sadness and helplessness for that boy and his family.  If you ever think you are having a bad day go down there and observe for a while,.  It will put your world into perspective rather quickly.  Coffee all over the counter, no big deal. Baby who smells like deodorant, who cares.  Seriously.

Thank you, thank you thank you Jesus!


Needless to say with Aubrey and Caroline there is never much time to feel down they always provide comic relief.  We begin eating lunch and suddenly Caroline pulls a tampon out of my purse, holds it in the air and grins.  Ben quickly turns red and says, "Caroline put that tampon back in Mama's purse." She immediately replies loudly, "Dad this is not a tampon it is a coupon."  Holding it back in the air, Caroline yells, "Here is your coupon Mama."  Maybe I do use coupons after all hehe.

Comic relief...always




Right this very minute  my kids are playing "Taylor Swift"  Caroline is Taylor Swift, Brynn is her manager, and Anna is the adoring fan.  Poor Aubs just runs after them screaming "Me too, I do, me too , I do."  I guess she could be considered a groupie.

Never a dull moment around the Kneisley Nest and I love it.

To sum up my feelings today: tired, grateful, humbled, tearful, loved, encouraged, strengthened, blessed.

Have a great day everyone!

Ps... Oh and if you all think about it.  Will you please pray for me?  I am starting "The Cleanse" purification program tomorrow.  I really want to do it but I struggle in this dept.  My mind is the battlefield.  Pray for my will power.  Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. Shannon, that is such wonderful news about Caroline. She is God's miracle. I don't always get a chance to read your blog everyday, but when I do, I'm both blessed and humbled at the same time. You have such a sweet spirit. I will definitely continue to pray for you. I love to read about the stories you post about the girls, they remind of some of the crazy things my girls did growing up, and some of the things my grand kids do now. God bless you and your family and keep them safe. Keep the good news coming.

    ReplyDelete