Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Messy House

Happy fall y'all.  I have all my pumpkins out, my fall wreath on the door and the autumn harvest candle burning on my counter.  Yes, I know it is still 86 degrees.  I don't care.  I am pretending.  Don't ruin it for me.

Sorry I have been missing in action.  Between running all the kids to school, sports and regular wifely duties it seems sometimes I don't have a minute to do anything else and when I do I am way too tired to write.  But I do miss it.  It's my therapy.

I have been doing a Bible study on the book of James.  If you want a book to kick your butt read James.  Who knew this little book has so much to say?  You want to learn about trials, wisdom, controlling your tongue, being judgemental, worldly desires, faith vs.works and I could go on but you get the point...read James.  I have been doing the Beth Moore study and as my sister says, "Beth Moore can find insight in a ketchup packet", but it is true .  I don't regret carving the time out of my busy life it has truly blessed me.  Although, honestly 2 months ago I could have given you 20 reasons why there was no possible way I could fit a Bible study in my schedule.  But I did and I am glad.

Through the study I have met some really sweet girls.  We were all discussing something I thought I would share with you today.  We were discussing how whenever anyone calls and says that they are coming over we run around like mad women and wipe, and pick up and shove things in closets because we really don't want people to know how we "really" live.  I about died laughing because this is me.  Guilty.  I so do it.  Actually, everyone at my table admitted they do the same thing.  We are always trying to hide reality.  Reality would probably make us more approachable.  When my neighbor pops over, if my house is a wreck she would most likely think, "Great, I am not the only one."  How often do I not invite someone over or inside because of my messy house.  More often than I would like to admit.  It really doesn't matter.  My house was given to me by God and I need to use it for fellowship and His glory.  Mess or not.  So the next time you come over you may trip over a toy or two or thrity (for the sake of honesty), there may be pee on the toilet seat and you will definitely see dishes in the sink.  Don't judge.  I am working on being real.  Turning over a new leaf;)

The main reasons my house is always a mess...
Cute aren't they?





For our Faith to be real it must show in our lives.  If our faith is not evident we really don't believe.  Whoa. Girlfriend, that is a big one. As my mentor always says, "I'm still chewing on it."  So Lord, I pray you put people in my path that need a gentle touch and that I will not turn them away because I am prideful and have a messy house...

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. – John 15:16-17

I want to share a praise with you.  My sweet Anna who started at a new school this year brought home her interim report card last week.  Drum roll please... straight A's. My jaw hit the floor and I might have shed a few tears of joy..I said might.  The girl is taking off.  Flourishing I tell ya.  I am so relieved and happy and proud.  I give God all the Glory and I pat myself on the back for listening to my inner mommy. 




Happy hump day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment