Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Weddingness

It's wedding time.  We are gearing up for my baby sisters wedding on October 6th.  Maybe I have been more in tune to all the planning, expenses and details because honestly, I am scared to death.  I have four daughters.  I listen to my mother and I think to myself, "This is going to be me one day."  Take note.

The wedding festivities begin next week in Kentucky.  My girls have all their shoes and dresses ready to go.  I have my bridesmaid dress and have been reviewing up dos.  Mama has been working diligently on last minute details.   It's all so exciting.  Let's hope my girlies perform their flower girl and junior bridesmaid duties with grace and charm.  Let's hope.  I'm not promising. 

Sarah, my baby sister, the bride, is eleven years younger than me. I remember everything about her life from the time she was born. I recall the first time I held her, how she followed me around as a toddler and saying good bye to her as she and my family left me at college my freshman year.  At times I was more like a mother to her rather than a sister because I was so much older.  We are super close and I am proud of the intelligent (Did I mention she just got in physician's assistant school?), sweet, God fearing young woman she has become.  We are thrilled with her choice for a life mate.

I can't help but remember a trip Sarah took to stay with me a couple years ago.  She had just broken up with her long time boyfriend and she was  heartbroken.  We spent the week talking about life and faith, drinking sweet tea, shopping and discussing God's plan and how HE always works things out.  He see the big picture we don't.  I fully expected her to tell me to shut up during some of our conversations because, let's face it, sometimes it's just not what you want to hear in times of brokenheartedness.  But she took everything in stride and came through with grace.  It was one of the most special 10 days we have ever spent with each other just doing everyday life and having deep, meaningful conversations.

Shortly after returning home, Sarah met Cory and the rest is history.
 






So as her wedding approaches, I can't help but thank God for Sarah and Cory and the heart they share for the Lord. I anticipate with joy, the life they will have together.  Bless his heart he is about to enter quite a family;)  Welcome aboard buddy! 

I would like to offer a disclaimer to anyone who will be at the wedding.  I am a crier.  I'm not talking about  the dab your eyes with a tissue crier, I mean a blow your nose, ugly face crier.  I get emotional watching my daughters walk down the aisle as flower girls and junior bridesmaids and seeing my sister marry her prince charming. God's blessings so perfectly on display right in front of my eyes. So, I apologize in advance. I can't help it.

I will  take lots of pics of my girls and my nieces in their floofy (is that a word?) dresses.  Let's face it they would look good in a gunny sack. And let's pray that my sister Stacy, doesn't have baby number 3 until after the ceremony. 

During my wedding and my sister's wedding we have always claimed the saying, "No matter what happens today we will not let anyone steal our joy."  It helps keep our priorities in check and maintain perspective. I am claiming it now.  No Bridezillas in this fam.

The Crew before Stacy's wedding...



Let the celebration begin!  It's wedding time!

1 comment:

  1. congrats to sarah and the rest of the family!! still have pics of her as a little toddler, can't believe how fast the last 20 years have gone by... :)

    ReplyDelete