Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Challenge.

November.  I love November.  The hot, sticky Florida air cools down.  We open our windows and let the breeze refresh our home and our souls.  It's a first opportunity for new fuzzy sweatshirts and sparkly boots.

 

I have noticed over the past few years that people on Facebook are doing the 30 Days of Thankfulness and naming things they are thankful for each day.   What a great idea.  However, I want to propose a challenge.  Since people are very focused right now on the blessings in life take the time to bless someone else.

Step our of your box, your busy schedule, your everyday routine and take the time to brighten someone's day.  Take someone a meal, send a hand written note to let somebody know how special he/she is to you, pay for the persons dinner behind you in the drive thru line, drop by a friend's home with their favorite coffee, volunteer at the food pantry, take care of your neighbor's children for a few hours, donate some clothes to Goodwill, give money to a worthy cause.  That's just for starters.

I am just so convicted lately how easy it is to sit back stagnantly in our comfy, privileged lifestyles and tell everyone how blessed and thankful we are. Do we pay it forward?  God commands us to.

Actions speak louder than words. 

It's so true.

Not such a bad thing to get your kiddos involved in either.  Show them in a tangible way what it means to care and to give back.

 I am allowed to enjoy my blessings but, I must remember that the main reason for which God has blessed me is so I may be a blessing to others.

Christian love puts others above ourselves

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."  Philippians 2:3-4

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."  Matthew 5:16

Stop talking, get up and go.

And by the way today and everyday I am thankful for the greatest blessings of my life.... my nest of little girls.  Oh how I love them so.










Do you think I can say the word blessing one more time in this post?  I need a thesaurus.

Blessings to you...hehehe.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas and I'm going to put them into action for the holiday season. Oh and I know of a great donation place for kid's clothes that supports a Christian ministry. www.Miriamsbasket.org

    ReplyDelete