Saturday, October 27, 2012

Commit to Mitt

It's no secret that my husband and I are die hard republicans.  Honestly, some of our closest friends are democrats.  Nonetheless, we are trying to teach our children about the importance of voting and politics starting at a young age. 

We have had many discussions on an age appropriate level about why we are voting for Mitt Romney.  We have explained to our girls that we agree more with his "rules."  Ben and I even braved a Romney- Ryan rally in the sweltering Jacksonville heat to give our daughters the experience of a political rally. 





My little ladies now notice peoples bumper stickers on cars, yard signs and they recognize both candidates on t.v. in political advertisements.

We even had one of the ministers at our church tell us they saw us at the Romney rally and compliment us on taking our children. I was beginning to get the big head about what fantastic parents we are.

I have explained the election is just around the corner and that very soon we will learn who the winner is. 

During lunch yesterday, I overhear Caroline tell Aubrey she is voting for Mitt Romney and Caroline proceeds to ask Aubrey who she is voting for.  Aubrey stands up looks straight at me with her hands on her hips and replies indignantly, "Obama."

Wow.

My fourth child, Aubrey, I will describe as independent, strong willed and persistent.  No brainwashing going on in this family!



Obummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment