Monday, January 10, 2011

A Hamster in a Wheel.

Although, there are many things I love about being a stay at home mom, there are many things I "struggle" with also.  I would say the thing that is bothering me the most at the current time is that I feel like a hamster in a wheel.  You can all picture it, a cute little hamster running its little heart out and getting nowhere.  Many days that's me and I hate it.



I mop the kitchen floor and in less than 30  minutes someone has spilled a sticky substance all over it.  I finish cleaning the kitchen up after a meal and it's time to start the next meal  or someone needs a drink and a snack.  With 4 kiddos someone is always hungry.  I finish changing Caroline's diaper, get her down from the changing table and take the diaper to the trash.  Upon re entering my house I hear a familiar little voice say "Mommy, I poop".  I pick up the playroom during nap time and it looks like the atomic bomb went off 20 minutes after the girls wake up.  I could go on and on.  But I won't. 

What I have been really convicted of lately is doing all the mundane tasks in my day for the Glory of the Lord.  Phil 2:14 "Do all things without grumbling or complaining"  Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father."  Does that mean I feel like doing this...certainly not but I am trying.   I am a work in progress.

So, thank you Lord that I picked up 10 different pairs of mostly odd socks out of the toy bin today.  At least I have 8 little feet to put them on.  So,  I will press on another day giving praise to my Lord and as my sister says, trying to stay of "struggle street."

I will admit one of my favorite times of my day is a night when I put all the kiddos to bed, pick up my house and sit in complete silence admiring its perfection.  I am a tired hamster by then.  I rest and get ready to jump back on the wheel the next day;)  With a thankful heart ...of course;)

No comments:

Post a Comment