Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dance Party.

We have so much fun in our home.  Really, there is alot of craziness but most of all alot of love and laughter.

One of the things my girls love to do is dance.  In my limited years of being a parent,  I have realized one thing, music and dancing are totally therapeutic.  With four drama queens living under one roof there is never a day when one of them isn't having a hard time. Music helps the soul and puts people in a good mood.  When it's "witching" hour...(that would be about 4pm -6pm and everyone is tired, we are waiting for daddy to come home for dinner and babies want to be held right in the middle of making dinner) I blast the music and we have a dance party.  Seriously, it works. 

Sometimes we play Christian music, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, oh and yes, I am not ashamed to admit my girls can break it down to some good 'ole rap. 

I had to laugh the other night when I was driving to soccer and my 19 month old was singing the song "Tonight, Tonight"  No, she hasn't uttered the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star yet but the girl can sing a mean pop song;)



I will never forget when my twins showed their Grandma how they could shake their booty.  She laughed politely and asked them where they learned that.  Both of them smiled and said, "Mommy."  I own it.  I did teach them.  I have been known to wildly dance around the living room right along with them.  All the while, thinking if people could see me now.

Dance parties are some of my most favorite family memories. I have captured them on video many times.  I never want to forget our dance parties.  We have had many to get us to this place.

Next time it is chaos in your home, you are dealing with bad attitudes or sheer boredom have a dance party!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! The witching hour hits my house pretty hard most days, so I will think of the dance party going on at your house and crank up the tunes here too!

    ReplyDelete