Monday, March 12, 2012

Trip, Shower and No Kids.

I went on a trip this weekend.  All by myself.  Yep, that's right no kiddos tagged along, no not one.  It was exciting at first.  I hadn't been on an airplane without a child or two or three or four in six years.  It felt extremely strange to board an an airplane sans diaper bag, toys, games and 5000 snacks to prevent inevitable restlessness and boredom.  My sister in law Beth was having a baby shower in Cleveland, Ohio and I went to help and be a part of the celebration.  She will be welcoming twin girls in a couple months....I know a little bit about that;)

I have to admit I felt footloose and fancy free.  I brought a book and my ipod.  What a book? What is a book...oh yeah that thing you read.  I read without interruption.  But honestly, all the freedom got old really fast and I surprised myself.  As much as I crave time and space, when I get it, I just want to be back with my peeps.  My girls and my hubby.

I was so aware of all the children and mothers around me walking through the airport.  I watched one mother who was totally on struggle street.  I just wanted to run up to her give her a hug and say, "It's alright sweet thing."  She was pushing a screaming infant, I mean tiny infant, through the airport and had a two year old holding onto the stroller trying to keep up.  The baby was wailing at the top of it's lungs and everyone was staring including me.  I've been there. Oh yes I have.  She finally got to her gate and I watched her try and fix a bottle, with a crying baby and a two year old hanging on her leg. I had sympathy pains for that woman.  You know the pit in the stomach,  I'm so hot my head is going to explode and I want to climb under a chair and stay there feeling.  I knew she was feeling it.

I also felt compelled to tell the woman and baby sitting behind me that I didn't mind at all sitting by a little one that I had 4 at home.  So many times people have given me the "look." The "oh great I get to sit next to the lady with the kid or kids in my case" look.  Her baby was really good and you better believe I told her.  Encouragement mothers.  We need it. Even from complete strangers.

The shower was beautiful.  Not so long ago that was me.  Anticipating, nesting, preparing for one of the greatest moment in life, the arrival of a baby.  I felt nostalgic and sentimental but content that we are moving onward and upward in our family.  I even passed on my double stroller to my sister in law.  I said my goodbyes to that thing.  It has been my life line the past few years.  We've had good times but now it's time to part ways.  Have fun pushing the mother ship, Beth. It will serve you well.

Insert picture of the mother ship.  Good by 'ole friend.  Sniff. Sniff.








Such sweet times visiting with my in laws, nieces nephews and brother and sister in laws.  We visited The Cleveland Museum of Art, had lunch at a bakery in Little Italy, attended church and celebrated some precious lives getting ready to join Kneisley clan. I even got to meet my newest niece Rachel.  Our extended family is getting bigger everyday!





Megan (my sister in law), Nancy (my sister in law), Beth (my sister in law), me and Karen (my mother in law)


No place like home.  Seriously.  I didn't get back to Jax until midnight and still had to find my car and drive to Fleming Island.  I listened to Good Life on the drive home and felt  happy to be back.  I kissed the sweet cheeks of my sleeping kiddos and slept in my own bed next to by best friend. Blessed and thankful.

Ohh and my husband ...amazing.  I came home to a spotless house and well cared for children.  What more can a girl ask for?  Looking forward to a fabulous week. Ready to pack some lunches and be supermom this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment