Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Adventures and More.

Wonderful spring break with my family in Kentucky. If you have been on the edge of your seats... I did survive the 12 hour car trip and it really wasn't that bad.  We stopped twice, I fed my kids anything they picked out from the gas station store.  Yes, Caroline did eat, yes, I said eat, not chew, an entire package of Hubba Bubba chewing gum.  Whatever.  She was happy and quiet.  And yes we ate doughnuts for lunch.  My girls were well behaved.  I was one proud Mama.  Proud of how my kiddos stepped up to the plate and proud of myself. Proud because I was not scared to step out and take a risk.




One of my friends asked me the other day how I take four kiddos everywhere.  Seriously, It's either take them or stay home.  The latter is not an option.  I told her I will try anything once.  If it is a complete disaster I chalk it up to an experience and try again in a few months.  Most of the time I surprise myself how things work out and how well my girls do.  Truly, it's all about perspective and keeping composure when things get hairy.  I always have a heart to heart with them before we take off on an "adventure" so they know there is no daddy, no co parenting and that I need their help.  Most of the time they oblige.

Kentucky sweet Kentucky.  Great week of family, friends and KY basketball.  My sisters and I all sported our Kentucky gear and watched the basketball games together.  Dangerous being a Wildcat down here in Gator land;) My kids have Disney World in their back yard but all year they talk about is going to Nana and Pop's to go to Gatti Land.  Gatti Land is essentially Chucky Cheese with a pizza buffet.  We conquered Gatti Land and it was a blast.  The girls and I got to attend Pop's baseball games.  He is the coach of the Russell High School team.  The girls sat in the dug out and we all laughed as Aubs cheered Go Russell Red Devils. Something about going back to  my old Kentucky home that gives me warm fuzzies.









We threw a baby shower for my cousin Deanna.  I loved making all the food and celebrating a new life. (Thank you Pinterest)  It's raining babies in our family.  No babies coming from this uterus.  But excited for all the little ones in my future I get to hold and hand back to their Mamas. My cousin is having the first boy in our family in 56 years.  We don't know what to do with boys...we'll learn.






We have company this week and spent the day basking in the glorious sunshine and watching our kids swim and float.
I love watching my kiddos splash and frolic to their hearts content. Its a win win because they are usually asleep before we leave the parking lot and today was no different. Childhood as it should be. Nothing better then a hard day of swimming, good dinner, bath and bed. Perfect slumber.

Tonight, dinner on the table. Check.  Thirty seconds later Caroline spilled her drink.  Cleaned up the mess and turned around to throw away the paper towel and Caroline fell off her bench and her paper plate went flying into the air coleslaw, chicken sandwich and fries in a heap on my kitchen floor.  Sigh.  I put Aubrey to bed in the pac and play in my bathroom.  She is sharing her bedroom with our company.  I go back to check on her and she had opened the bathroom drawer and smeared lotion all over the vanity on her face hair and blanket.  Sigh.


Mommy will sleep well tonight too.  Thankful to be back safely from our adventures.  Thank you God for my blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment