Tuesday, July 16, 2013

No Coincidence.

We all have friends from our life's journey that we may not talk to everyday but will always remain near and dear to our hearts.  One of those friends contacted me yesterday.  She proceeded to tell me that her grandson had been killed in a tragic accident.  He was only 21 years old. She said that she just knew that I would understand.

Ben left for work this morning at 4:30am.  His alarm went off approximately ten times. It was blaringly loud. I think it was successful at waking everyone else up except him.  Nonetheless, he left for work and I was wide awake at 5am.  Now, for the sake of being transparent, it was the perfect time for me to get my booty out of bed and have my quiet time but instead I was on Facebook.  Sigh.

But wait.  Before you condemn me I'm going to illustrate how the Lord uses Facebook. My sweet friend I referenced above messaged me. She was on Facebook at the crack of dawn as well. We had a long conversation about God, anger, faith and trusting God when we cannot see. I shared some of my life experiences and we talked about what lessons I had learned from trials. I told her I do know that nothing that happens to us goes unused. Everything in life is used for God's glory and purposes. The good and the bad. I left the conversation promising to send her some verses that would help her get through this most difficult time.

As I dove into God's word, looking for verses to help my friend, verse after verse kept speaking to me.  I have been going through some hard times in my own life.  The past few days I have been having my own personal pity party.  So the verses I was looking up for my friend were just what I needed as well.

This just testifies to the fact that God uses all situations for the good of His children. I thought I was helping a friend but God was really using her to help me.  I am humbled.  Nothing is an accident, nothing is a coincidence. He uses relationships formed years ago, Facebook and Ben's annoying alarm to have us just where He wants us.  God is faithful.

So thankful my sweet friend contacted me.  God used it to speak to me about the power of leaning on His word.

It dawned on me as I looked up verses that I should share these with everyone.  I know God uses everyday situations to help people who need gentle encouragement.  I am starting my day realizing my utter dependence on God's word.  It provides truth for me to stand on. A firm foundation. A refuge in times of trouble.

Here are the verses I am sending my friend.  Maybe God will use them to speak to you as well.  Blessings.

Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect me. Psalm 23:4

But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed... 2 Timothy 4:17

Do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous hand. Isaiah 41:10

The Lord is good a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust him. Nahum 1:7

 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:6-9

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18

The Lord will guide you always;  he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

 Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine. Ephesians 3:20

 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,   knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.   But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.   If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.   But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.   For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;   he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
James 1:2-8

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  Psalm 91:4

Be strong and courageous. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.   Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11: 28-30

Do not be afraid or terrified, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Listen to me, you descendants of Jacob all the remnant of the people of Israel, you whom I have upheld since your birth, and have carried since you were born. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:3-4


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.  Hebrews 13:8

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Plaster these anywhere that will help you commit them to memory. your bathroom mirror, your car or by the kitchen sink. We need to have God's word on the tip of our tongues and etched on our hearts.  God's word. totally sufficient.









No comments:

Post a Comment