Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Made.

My butt is too big. The loose skin from pregnancy hangs over the front of my pants,  no matter how hard I work out ( Otherwise known as muffin top).  My hair is too flat.  My arms are flabby.  If I only looked like that woman....sound familiar?  These thoughts run through my head on a daily basis.  I know just from hearing my girlfriends talk that most of us have majorly distorted body images!  We are our toughest critics.

Today as I was getting dressed Caroline was sitting in the floor watching me.  She said, "Mommy I wuv (love) you and you are pity (pretty)."  It made me smile. Out of the mouth of a toddler.    I thought, why can't I see myself in God's image?  He created me and I am unique and beautiful.

As badly as I might want liposuction and botox I'm taking my imperfections as battle scars. Until I have enough money to fix them...just kidding.... kind of!

God thank you for giving me a daughter to remind me I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Help me to teach my girls that YOU created them in YOUR image and they are masterpieces!  Help me to be an example of your teachings...even when it's hard! 

I'm sure with four daughters we will have body image issues along the way.  I'm just gearing up!




"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well."  Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment