Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Move and Other Cool Stuff.

My sister is here!  She officially lives 7 minutes from me.  We haven't lived  that close since high school when we lived in the same house.  It's been a whirlwind week.  We have helped unload, unpack, given unsolicited advice on paint colors and gushed about the awesome home she and her family now inhabit.

Cousin pile on...



I think above all, I have enjoyed watching our children, play and fight almost like sisters do...except they're cousins.  I had to stop and take pictures in the middle of unpacking the kitchen.  Too priceless to see cousins twirling around in princess dresses and high heel shoes oblivious to the mess of cardboard boxes and packing paper.  Awesome.







Kinley totally digs her new lanai.



Stacy's move has been seamless and it is obvious God is in the midst.  Everything has gone smoothly and worked out perfectly.  Usually, that is a sign to me that things are moving right along in the middle of God's will.  When things start being difficult and not working out is when  I have to stop and wonder if it is God's will....  Most times not.

We had some exciting news this week from our friends who are adopting a little girl from China.  They got a referral this week.  A referral is when you are given the information and picture about the child you have been matched with. (Adoptive parents anticipate and dream of this day!) It turns out that the day sweet baby girl was abandoned on the steps of a welfare office across the world in China, was the exact date our friends decided to adopt.  I love stories like this.  I'm telling you people, when you seek God's will He will give you an occasional "wink" or "nod" letting you know well done you're on the right path.  We cannot wait to meet the newest bundle of joy!

I finish this post with a happy heart.  God is in the very tiniest details of our lives and it has been so evident to me this week.  Nothing better then actively seeking God's will.  It brings such a joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment