Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring.

One comment I hear over and over about living in Florida is, "I would miss the seasons."  I guess that is true for some but not me.  We have all the good seasons (at least in my book).  We just skip the dead of winter, snow and ice.  Of course I live in north Florida so we get to wear the occasional sweatshirt or jacket.  We have fall, spring and summer all the "preferred" seasons just in a mixed up order.

Rambling a bit.  Maybe.  However, because it is proper I will say it is spring even though technically here it is summer.  I have spring fever.  I rip open the curtains every morning in anticipation of the views beyond, beautiful flowers, sunshine and trees in bloom. My hubby has been referring to himself as the landscaper at La Casa de Kneisley.  He really has worked tirelessly and made our yard look great.  Spring makes me want to rearrange my furniture, clean out my closets and change out everything that seems wintry to me...like the brown curtains in my bedroom.  Changed.  Now my window is sportin white and yellow stripes...much better.  My bed called for some yellow shams to match my curtains and a lighter weight crisp white comforter.  Last night I changed my wreath on the front door and sat and stared at it in satisfaction.  I am the first on to admit I am a little wreath crazy but seriously, it's like putting a bow on a nicely wrapped package.  The finishing touch that makes all the difference.







My kids have a short week of school and no homework...gasp.  Yes I said no homework.  We had so much time to play and porch sit yesterday evening I didn't know what to do with myself.  I was all ready for the week with a brand spankin new pencil sharpener and 2 packs of brand new pencils (It's the small things ya know...).  Last week we suffered major trauma over not being able to find any pencils or something to sharpen them.  I was not going to relive that scenario again.  This Mama was prepared...but I guess our newly sharpened writing instruments will have to wait until next week.  I digress.  The point I was really trying to make is that we savored our extra time last night and enjoyed spring.

We ate dinner on the back porch and the mama duck that lives in our back pond came to greet us with her baby ducklings.  Does anything scream spring like baby ducks?  I think not.  Needless to say we had a hard time focusing, nobody really ate and we all ended up by the pond feeding the ducks.  The ducklings even let us pet them.  My girls were in heaven as was this picture taking Mama.









We finished our evening with a family walk around the neighborhood.  I had 3 children riding their bikes and one roller blading.  Brynn really is going to be the most fabulous Sonic waitress one day;)

My colorful little Easter eggs....



Oh and I got to end my day cheering on the Kentucky Wildcats to victory. Go Big Blue!  National Champions Baby!

Happy spring y'all.  Don't forget.....bloom where you're planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment