Friday, April 6, 2012

Interesting...

We went to the Clay County fair this week and I have to admit I was a little disturbed.  I had to wonder where the people who were there came from.  Now, I'm not just picking on Clay County mind you, I have been to other fairs in other states and it's the same.  So please don't send hate mail.  Fairs just seem to draw the most interesting people.

Insert soapbox... are you ready?  I'm on it right now, our society as a whole is going down hill quickly and it was very evident.  I literally had heart palpitations at the sight of the teenagers there.  Especially the girls, wearing questionable clothing, and I don't consider myself a prude.  The thought of raising four girls in the current times brings me to my knees.  Which I guess is where I should be anyways.  Alright, I'm hopping down off the soapbox.

We did end up having a good time with some sweet friends. The Eason's minus Lindsey met us there.  We were totally outnumbered 3 adults and 7 children. Moments are better when experienced with friends.

On our way to the fair....



We saw animals, rode rides, ate funnel cake and cotton candy climbed on tractors, and laughed alot. Aubrey screamed the entire time because she wanted out of the stroller.  Luckily the music was so loud we couldn't hear her. 




Aubs is always all about the concessions.  A girl after my own heart...










Ben tried to dunk the clown by throwing baseballs.  The clown was so mean to him screaming things about his height and a receding hairline.  I could barely watch.  The girls and I were a little traumatized.  The clown was good at his job...Ben was laughing so hard he couldn't hit the target.  Caroline even asked me this morning why the clown was being so mean to daddy. Chad and Ben vowed to practice all year and come back next year to try again.



Lillie didn't like the clown either...



You know it's funny, I could go and spend mucho money on Disney World but truly my girls are just as happy at the Clay County Fair.  A great lesson for me.

My kids were so dirty when they got home that even though it was late I had to give them all a scrub a dub dub in the tub. No fair dirt on our sheets.

I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round. A fun time was had by all!

Mad face...

 Happy face...

 Scary Face...







No comments:

Post a Comment